Why Should You Care?
- 20% or more of all rural roads are in poor condition in 15 states.
- Fatality rates on rural roads are two to four times higher than on all others.
- Structurally deficient bridges, especially in rural areas, put American drivers at risk every day.
Make Your Voice Heard
Congress won’t increase infrastructure funding until YOU support it.
Dear /Congressional Leader/,
Failing to act to rebuild America’s infrastructure costs me — and every American family $3,400 a year — and the costs and consequences to our economy and to our safety are significant.
Will you vote to fix our Highway Trust Fund?
- According to the American Society of Civil Engineers’ 2016 Failure to Act report, there will be funding gap of $1.4 trillion over the next 10 years if we maintain current investment levels in surface transportation, water/wastewater, electricity, airports and inland waterways and ports.
- The Congressional Budget Office estimates that, on average, every dollar invested in infrastructure generates as much as $2.50 in incremental output. This is the highest multiplier among all other major spending programs or from tax cuts.
- In 2015 a mere 2/3 of one percent of GDP went towards infrastructure – the lowest levels in more than 50 years.
America’s infrastructure “gap” is costing me and my family time and money.
You have the power to fix the Highway Trust Fund. Will you please let me hear from you? I would appreciate knowing where you stand.